e.p.t® is the original home pregnancy test, and has been successfully used by millions of women since 1977. Today, our Pregnancy Test features the most advanced technology, giving you easy-to-read results faster than ever. And, the e.p.t Pregnancy Test is over 99% accurate from the day of your expected period, so you can feel confident in your results.
Thank you for choosing e.p.t® to be a partner during your pregnancy journey!
Step By Step Instructions
Step One: Remove the test stick
- Remove the e.p.t® Pregnancy Test stick from the foil wrapper. Use the test stick right away.
Step Two: How to Hold
- Remove the purple cap to expose the absorbent tip.
- Hold the test stick by its thumb grip.
- Keep the absorbent tip pointing downward.
- Throughout testing, never hold the test stick with the absorbent tip facing upward.
Step Three: Take the Test
- Urine Stream: Do not insert the test stick into your vagina. Place just the absorbent tip, pointing downward, in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. After sampling, keep the absorbent tip pointing downward. Never hold the test stick with the absorbent tip facing upward.
- Urine Cup Test: Collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry container. Dip just the absorbent tip into your collected urine sample for 20 seconds only. After sampling, keep the absorbent tip pointing downward. Never hold the test stick with the absorbent tip pointing upward.
Step Four: Test Processing
- Place the test stick on a flat surface with the windows facing up for at least 2 minutes. If you wish, replace the cap to cover the absorbent tip.
Step Five: See Your Results
- Within 2 minutes, the Display will show your result. Some results may be shown in as little as one minute.
- Important: to avoid affecting the test result, wait at least 2 minutes before lifting the stick.
- For in-vitro diagnostic use only. Not for internal use. Use as directed.
How to Read your Test
Wait 2 minutes to read the result. Be sure to read the results before 10 minutes have passed. A blue line will appear in the square window as a control to show that the test has worked. If no blue line appears in the square window within 10 minutes, the test has not worked.
The Results: Pregnant
A ( + ) sign in the round window indicates a ‘pregnant’ result. The lines that make up the sign can be different shades of blue and need not match the color of the illustrations. Please see your doctor to discuss.
The Results: Not Pregnant
If you tested not pregnant but your period is overdue, you may not be pregnant; the level of pregnancy hormone in your urine may not be high enough to be detected yet; or you may have miscalculated the day your period is due. If you tested early, test again when your period is due. If your period is overdue, test again in 3 days time. If this test give you a ( - ) sign (‘not pregnant’ result) and you still have not had your period, you should see your doctor.